Here’s a mega cheesy dish that will appeal to guys with big appetites. It’s super-rich, filling, and delicious.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) lasagna noodles
- 1/4 lb. Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb. Fontina cheese
- 1/4 lb. Jack cheese
- 1/4 lb. Mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. + 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. Favorite Tomato Sauce
- » Preheat oven to 425 degrees.» Cook the lasagna noodles in salted water, according to package directions. Don’t boil too hard, and stir to keep them from sticking together.» While noodles are cooking, grate all cheeses, and mix them together.» When the noodles are al dente, place the pot under cold, running water. Keep stirring and draining to rinse the pasta well. When the water stays fairly clear, drain the noodles in a colander.» Return noodles to pot. Pour 1 tbsp. olive oil over the noodles and stir to coat them.» Grease the inside of a deep 4 x 9-inch glass baking dish with 1 tsp. olive oil.» Place a layer of noodles in the bottom of the pan. Cut them to fit so they lay fairly flat without much overlap. You might want to create a noodle as the standard size to cut to.» Sprinkle 1/2 c. cheese evenly over the noodles.» Continue layering the noodles and cheese until you have 7 layers of noodles, ending with noodles on top. You should have enough noodles left over for one extra layer.» Coat the top layer with 1 tsp. olive oil.» Place 1 layer of “sacrificial” noodles on top, to protect the top layer while cooking. Press the lasagna gently but firmly into the pan.» Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes, until you see all layers bubbling while cooking.» Remove from oven, and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Discard “sacrificial” noodle layer.» Remove the lasagna from the dish by running a knife around the inside of the edges, and then turning it upside down onto a large dish or cutting board. Knock on the top of the pan to remove it.» Place lasagna on serving dish, and pour sauce over it. Cut in slices, and serve with extra sauce on the side.
- Variations» Different Cheese – You could change the proportions of the cheese mix, or swap one of them for another cheese like Havarti.» Different Sauce – Instead of making the Favorite Tomato Sauce, you can substitute your own favorite homemade or store-bought pasta sauce.