This is very cheesy, with a bold tomato flavor. There’s nothing shy about this dish!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 1/2 c. Favorite Tomato Sauce
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- » Prepare tomato sauce according to directions below.» While sauce is simmering, cook the fettuccine in boiling, salted water until al dente, then drain.» Place the empty pot on the burner on Low, then pour in the olive oil, and tilt to cover the bottom of the pot. » Return the fettuccine to the pot and stir until evenly coated with olive oil.» Add the Fontina, and stir vigorously until it is melted and evenly distributed throughout the pasta. Turn up the heat a notch if necessary.» Add the Parmesan, and stir into pasta, mixing thoroughly.» Place a serving of fettuccine on one side of a plate, and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and parsley. Spoon sauce onto other side of plate beside pasta.
- Variations» To save time, you could use a store-bought pasta sauce instead of making your own.