Southwest Mac & Cheese
Southwestern flavors add zing to mac & cheese in this dish.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 box macaroni & cheese
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. diced canned green chilies
- 1 small can corn (7 oz.)
- 1 tsp. seeded and minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- » Prepare macaroni & cheese with milk and margarine according to directions on the box, or use your favorite variation.» While macaroni is cooking, drain and dice tomatoes and green chilies.» When macaroni is prepared, stir in tomatoes, chilies, corn, and jalapeño.» Cook macaroni & cheese over Low heat, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients are heated through.» Serve mac & cheese sprinkled with cilantro.